If you switch to a different supplier or tariff, you could save hundreds of pounds on your energy bill simply by being on a lower rate.
CLICK HERE to visit our recommended online switching site at Utility Genius.
Why Should I Switch ?
- It is really simple. Switching can be done online or by telephone
- It only takes about 10 minutes
- You could save hundreds of pounds a year
What information do I need ?
All the information you need for finding a cheaper supply is on your energy bill or you can also use your annual statement. You will need the following pieces of information:
- Your postcode
- Name of current supplier and tariff
- Payment method (e.g by direct debit or on receipt of bill)
- Payment details (if you will be paying by direct debit)
- Usage over the year ( your last 12 months usage now is included in each bill)
If you do not have access to the internet, you can go through the process by phone, with no obligation. For example you can call:
My Utility Genius on 0203 468 0461
Whether you switch online or by phone, the process takes five weeks. This includes 14 days cooling off period, and then 21 days for the switch to take place.
If the lowest cost provider is one you have not heard of, do not worry. All companies who sell electricity or gas must conform to very stringent market regulations set by Ofgem.
Understanding the implications of the various tariffs is complex and based on current consumption. For further information you should contact your local community energy group just to make sure that you are getting the best tariff and payment methods to meet your needs.
Am I eligible for further help?
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to receive help with paying for your energy under the following schemes: