Priority Service Register
Who is Eligibile ?
You may be eligible for this service if you are a pensioner, have long-term ill health, are registered disabled or have a hearing or visual impairment.
What is it ?
Provides a range of free services to vulnerable people such as . Some of the services available include
- a service tailored to your needs. For example, you can ask to have your bills and meter readings in Braille, large type or on audio tape
- moving your meter free of charge to make it easier for you to access
- having controls or adaptors provided to make your meter or appliances easier to use
- free quarterly meter readings if you tell your supplier you can’t read it yourself
- priority reconnection if your supply is interrupted and advance notice if they have to stop your supply
- alternative facilities for cooking and heating if your energy supply is interrupted
- additional protection from bogus callers with a password protection scheme
- arranging for your bills to be sent or copied to someone else, such as a carer, who can help you read and check them
- free advice and information about the services available because of your age, disability or chronic illness.
How do I Apply ?
To ensure you receive additional services, you need to sign up to your supplier’s Priority Services Register. If you have different suppliers for electricity and gas, you will need to register with each. If you have a carer, they can register on your behalf. There is no charge and you can register for all or some of the services.